Friday, February 15, 2013

Look ma, just one hand! Oops...

Eggs are great.  There are so many things you can do with them.  You can boil them, fry them, throw them at politicians or pretend to break them on people's heads (the kids love that one for some reason).

You can't teach your Grandmother to suck one, unfortunately, but everything has it's limits I suppose.

Today we're using them to make cupcakes, so I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to try something new.  How do you break an egg with only one hand?
According to Wikihow, breaking eggs with one hand is pretty easy.  I think they might be trying to "obnubilate" the truth, but let's give it a whirl.

The first egg went without a hitch - a little awkward, perhaps, but it worked.  Emboldened by this success, I cracked another, and what do you know?  Perfectly cracked egg!  I'm on a roll here.

Hang on, I should be taking pictures of this!  Only one more egg to go, so let's make this count.

OK, let's do this...
Uh oh...
Dammit.

Monkey thumbs.  I should have known.  Have you ever tried to get tiny pieces of eggshell out of a bowl of cracked eggs?  Hope I didn't miss any, or we'll be playing cupcake roulette later.  Next time I'll try it using no hands - just the power of my mind!

Today

In honor of Matt Groening's birthday, Wikihow would like to show you how to draw Marge Simpson!

On this day in 1965 Canada adopted a new red-and-white maple leaf design as their flag, replacing the old Red Ensign banner, so Happy Flag Day to all you crazy canucks.



Pic Of The Day


No comments:

Post a Comment