Sunday, February 17, 2013

Friendship bracelets

With Family Day coming up tomorrow, we seem to be having a real family-themed weekend here at Thing Central.  Next up is another craft project, friendship bracelets.

Wow, these things look complicated.  My inability to crochet is not filling me with the confidence I need to do these, despite the assurance that they are suitable for ages 8 and up.

The instruction manual isn't as much help as I was hoping, at least on first glance, but I refuse to give up.  Calling on the expertise of the kids (girls know how to do these instinctively, don't they?) leaves me more puzzled than before.

I promised to do this, and I doubt I'll be getting a "quittance" from my daughter on this one, so I persevere, and guess what?  I 'got' it! The string is cut, knotted and fitted to the frame, and actually it really isn't that hard after all.

Not as complicated as it looks

No, not hard.  Just loooong.  I mean, this thing is taking hours to do.

Getting there...

I'm not going to be making any more of these in a hurry, I mean, I have a life.

...and it's done at last

Yay!  My daughter loves it, couldn't wait to put it on.  That was an hour ago, and I haven't seen her wearing it since.  Oh well.  At least we bonded some more, and that's what's important.  Right?


Pic Of The Day


Song Of The Day



SongGive Me Love
ArtistEd Sheeran
Album+

No comments:

Post a Comment