Friday, January 25, 2013

A Word-A-Day to kick things off

Help Me!
I don't know about you, but my vocabulary sure could use expanding.  Every time my kids hear a new word, ask me what it means, and I have to make something up 'cause I don't know myself, I realize I may have neglected my brain.  Sure, I could just go look it up, but that would just prove to my kids that I'm not nearly as smart as they assume I should be.


In an effort to remedy this, I've signed up for Word-Of-The-Day emails from Dictionary.com.  This way, whenever a new word comes up for me and the kids to "brabble" about (did you see what I did there?), I'll be more likely not to fall off my high horse.  Again.

The real challenge is to try and incorporate these words into everyday conversation.  I'm not looking forward to the day when "quincunx" arrives in my inbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment